The duties of the National Board of Directors are described below. Further details are available in the Alpha Phi Omega National Bylaws and Fraternity Operations and Policy Manual. You may find other basic responsibilities of Nonprofit Boards here. Click here to apply or nominate.
Article V, SECTION 6.
DUTIES OF THE DISTRICT REPRESENTATIVES AND THE MEMBERS-AT-LARGE.The district representatives and members-at-large of the Board of Directors shall have the responsibility to perform such duties as are required of members of boards of directors, generally, and others as may be included in these Bylaws or other operating policies of the National Fraternity.
- Attend all board and committee meetings and functions, such as special events
- Stay informed about the organization's mission, services, policies and programs
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Serve on committees or task forces and offer to take on special assignments
- Make a personal financial contribution to the organization
- Inform others about the organization
- Suggest possible nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and the organization
- Keep up-to-date on developments in the organization's field
- Follow conflict of interest and confidentiality policies
- Refrain from making special requests of the staff
- Assist the board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities, such as reviewing the organization's annual financial statements