Membership Academy is a program designed to assist chapters struggling with recruiting, developing, or retaining members. This course is intended for chapter members to evaluate their current membership program, reinforce what is already effective, and revise it to incorporate new techniques. Participants will learn how to think critically by working with other members from their chapter, as well as collaborating with students from other chapters during breakout sessions throughout the academy.
Although the material covered in this weekend course is geared toward chapter operations, extension groups are encouraged to attend Membership Academy. The curriculum is ideal for extension recruitment efforts.
- Teaches a five-step model that provides a guide of how to generate interest in Alpha Phi Omega and keep potential members engaged.
- Builds motivation and teaches effective ways to pitch APO to external audiences
- Reinforces the construction of a solid pledge and chapter program by reviewing the Pledge Program of Excellence and Chapter of Excellence awards criteria
- Helps chapters create a retention plan, as well as learn how to deal with non-performers in their chapter
- Gives tips for proper evaluation techniques of chapter members, advisers, and programming
The course will begin at 6:00 p.m. on Friday and end at 12:00 p.m. on Sunday. Cost to attend this weekend event is $40 per member/guest and will be charged at the time of registration. This cost will cover food, lodging and supplies for the entire weekend.
ATTENTION: Scholarship Recipients & Extension Group Attendees
If you are receiving a Region or Section scholarship and/or you are an extension group member who would like to attend you must first register & pay online. After registering you must contact your Regional Director/Regional Extension Coordinator or Sectional Chair to have them email the National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should include attendee name, date of course and how much the scholarship is for. Course completion & attendance is mandatory prior to issuing credit!