Membership Academy is a program designed to assist chapters struggling with recruiting, developing, or retaining members. This course is intended for chapter members to evaluate their current membership program, reinforce what is already effective, and revise it to incorporate new techniques. Participants will learn how to think critically by working with other members from their chapter, as well as collaborating with students from other chapters during breakout sessions throughout the academy.
Membership Academy Outcomes:
- Five-step model that provides a guide of how to generate interest in Alpha Phi Omega and keep potential members engaged.
- Ability to design an effective recruiting campaign and "rush week"
- Techniques and strategies to build motivation among chapter members
- Understanding of how to achieve Pledge Program of Excellence and Chapter of Excellence awards criteria
- List of tangible retention ideas specifically designed to your chapter's needs
- Evaluation techniques for chapter members, advisers, and programming
- New friends!!
The course will begin at 6:00 p.m. on Friday and end at 12:00 p.m. on Sunday. Cost to attend this weekend event is $40 per member/guest and will be charged at the time of registration. This cost will cover food, lodging and supplies for the entire weekend.
ATTENTION: Scholarship Recipients & Extension Group Attendees
If you are receiving a Region or Section scholarship and/or you are an extension group member who would like to attend you must first register & pay online. After registering you must contact your Region Chair/Regional Extension Coordinator or Sectional Chair to have them email the National Office at email@example.com. The email should include attendee name, date of course and how much the scholarship is for. Course completion & attendance is mandatory prior to issuing credit!