Serve Course Content
This weekend-long training session designed to allow students to learn and practically apply project and meeting management and delegation in a group setting. Serve is available during the summer and over President's Day weekend at various locations around the country.
• To provide a framework for effective chapter management
• To give participants transferable skills that may be used in their careers beyond Alpha Phi Omega
• To provide future fraternity leaders with management skills
• To add to the skill sets learned in other APO LEADS courses
• To create a project plan in small groups which can be adapted at the chapter level
• To practice project management skills
• To incorporate the Servant Chapter Organizational function and apply it to the project plan
• To apply the Servant Leadership Characteristics throughout the weekend
• To commit to applying the skills learned in your home chapter
- You must have completed LAUNCH prior to attending SERVE. See our calendar of events here.
- The course starts promptly at 7 pm and concludes by noon on Sunday.
- This is an Alpha Phi Omega sponsored program therefore the participants must adhere to the Fraternity's Risk Management Policy.
- Each location has a site director that will contact you prior to the course with more details. If you have additional questions before the director contacts you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
SERVE Presenter Content Training (SCT)
For alumni who are participating in SERVE Content Training over the course of an upcoming SERVE weekend, please register online at the link below and then sign-up for training.
To become a Serve presenter one must be a presenter for another APO LEADS course or receive permission from the Presenter Development Coordinator. Click here to view the APO LEADS calendar.
Serve Trainees who are not experienced Presenters with another course will be required to complete additional preparation on Servant Leadership between SCT and Apprenticeship. Serve is an intense weekend experience that requires a skilled facilitator to maximize the experience for participants. In addition to training in the content of the course, SCT will include further training in facilitation skills beyond that of the Basic Skills course focusing on guiding group discussion and project work.
Step 1. Register online to attend & pay for SERVE. You must be registered to sign up for training.
Step 2. Sign up for Content Training here.
The cost to attend SERVE is $60 for students and $80 for alumni members. ($5 discount for Society of Life Members). This cost covers food, supplies, and lodging for the weekend.
Scholarship Recipients & Extension Group Attendees
If you are receiving a Region or Section scholarship and/or you are an extension group member who would like to attend you must first register & pay online. After registering you must contact your Region Chair/Regional Extension Coordinator or Sectional Chair to have them email the National Office at email@example.com. The email should include attendee name, date of course and how much the scholarship is for. Course completion & attendance is mandatory prior to issuing credit!
Feb. 17-19: Los Angeles, CA (Now accepting wait list-Call the National Office for information)